Anime Evolution would like to invite all accredited media to attend this year’s convention.
The deadline for applications is Friday, June 12, 2015. If you miss the deadline, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org during the convention. There may be one-day media passes still available. There are only a limited number of passes available for each day.
By submitting the application form below, you agree to follow the policies as set out for media by the Anime Evolution convention. Polices can be found here: Media FAQ Please contact Anime Evolution for more information about the convention or its policies.
You will be contacted by phone or email when your media pass has been approved and processed. Thank you for your interest in documenting Anime Evolution 2015.
- Anime Evolution can not provide or guarantee a secure area for storage of equipment.
- Barring any unforeseen circumstances, events at Anime Evolution will attempt to follow a set schedule. Any schedule changes will be posted outside the event or panel rooms and at the Information Desks.
- Badges can be picked up on the Thursday evening before, or during the course of the convention. Please check back to www.animeevolution.com closer to the convention dates for announcements of the hours and the location of Media Pass pick-up
- Please show 2 pieces of id. Example: A photo id (i.e. driver’s license) and a business card from your media outlet would be sufficient. You will need to sign a form acknowledging receipt of your badge.
- The badge must be worn at all times when you are at the convention. If the media badge is lost or damaged, please contact Communications for a replacement.
- Badges are assigned to the person named in the badge and can not be passed on to anyone else. Doing so will violate this agreement and will result in confiscation of the badge.
Photographs, Videos and Interviews of Convention Attendees and Activities
- Before taking any one-on-one videos, photos or interviews of convention attendees, please ask them for permission. It is good manners to do so. Attendees have the right to refuse interviews, photos or videos of themselves.
- Please take photos, videos or perform interviews with a minimum of disruption to traffic flow or convention activities. If you are requested by convention staff to relocate, please do so. If requested, staff may suggest a different area for photos / videos / interviews.
- No photos or videos of the Art Gallery will be allowed as requested by the artists.
- Photos, videos and interviews inside the Dealers area will only be allowed with the permission of the Dealers Room Manager. This is due to the heavy traffic expected where any filming or photo taking could cause disruptions.
- There will be limited reserved front-row media seating at main convention events and guest panels. Some events or panels may have copyrighted material that may not be recorded. If that’s the case, the event coordinator or panel facilitator will ask that any type of recording not take place. Please abide by their requests.
Guest or Staff Interviews Requests
- All guest interview requests need to be arranged through the Communications department and Guest Relations. Please contact email@example.com for further details or a for a specific interview request once you are approved as a media representative.
- Staff interviews can be arranged with the consent of staff.
- We may have a media room available for any interviews in a quiet setting.
- Guests or staff have the right to refuse any interviews or to be in any videos or photos.
- Please keep all interviews to a pre-arranged time limit. Convention guests may have other activities they have been invited to attend and staff are usually busy running the convention.
Disruptions or Disputes
- Anime Evolution’s media policies allow the filming or the photography of events within the stated guidelines. Any media representative deemed as being disruptive (including making guests or convention attendees uncomfortable) will be asked to leave by the event coordinator or the Anime Evolution Convention Executives. Any media representative who is continuously disruptive will have their media privileges revoked.
- Media representatives who have their privileges revoked will be required to surrender their pass and leave the convention area. Final authority for all decisions will lie with the Convention Executives.